The membership of the Club shall consist of Certificate Holders and such other classifications of membership, except Honorary, as may be established at any time or terminated at the end of any fiscal year by the Board of Directors. Membership will not be denied on the basis of race, creed, gender or religion.
The classifications of membership presently in effect are as follows:
- Certificate Holder
- Associate Golf
- Weekday Spousal
- Racquet Sports
- Junior Racquet Sports
For purposes of these classifications of the membership, the definition of a “family” is the spouse of a member and the member’s children, either under the age of twenty-one (21) or a full-time student, residing in the same household as the member. The definition of a “member” is the individual specified as the person to whom membership in any of the above classifications is awarded. “Clubhouse privileges” is defined as providing access solely to dining and cocktail areas, and does not include access to locker and fitness areas, golf course, racquets and other areas of the Club except as specifically provided for special events.
A Certificate Holder shall be at least 21 years of age, and shall have unlimited golf, racquet sports, and clubhouse privileges. The Certificate Holder’s family shall have golf, racquet sports, and clubhouse privileges, subject to the right of the Board of Directors to impose such charges as it may deem appropriate and to limit and/or prescribe their hours of play.
- No Certificate Holder shall have the right to hold more than one certificate and such member must be owner of record.
- Only Certificate Holders of the Club shall have the right to vote, attend shareholder meetings, hold office on the Board of Directors, or have any interest in or title to any property and assets of the Club.
- Certificates are not negotiable or transferable, except as provided in Article II Section 4, to any person, persons, or corporation and the mere possession of a membership certificate shall not confer any rights or privileges of any kind except as herein set forth. The Board of Directors shall have the sole right to increase the value of the membership certificate but shall not have the right to set a value lower than $4,000.
- In the event that the membership of a Certificate Holder is terminated for any reason, including death, resignation, expulsion, or change in membership classification, the membership certificate must be surrendered to the Club within sixty (60) days of such termination, and the Club shall hold the certificate for transfer to a new member, after the transfers of any certificates previously submitted to the Club have been accomplished. If the certificate is not so surrendered, it shall, for the purpose of transfer, cancellation, or other purposes prescribed by the By-Laws of the Club, be deemed to have been so surrendered and the rights pertaining to said Certificate shall be preserved to the rightful owner as though it had been duly surrendered as provided in the By-Laws. All surrendered certificates shall have preference for reissuance over unissued certificates. The value of the surrendered certificates as established by the Board of Directors pursuant to Section I A (c) of this Article, less all dues, charges, assessments, and other indebtedness owed by the former member, all of which shall be a lien on said certificate, shall be remitted to such former member, or to his estate, if and when payment for such certificate has been received therefore by the Club from a new Certificate Holder. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to obligate the Club to purchase any certificate. During the period of the surrender of a certificate and prior to its reissuance to a new Certificate Holder, there shall be no voting rights there under.
In the event of a dissolution of the Club or sale of its assets, the rightful holders of certificates shall share in the net proceeds of sale or final distribution remaining after payment of all then existing lawful debts, liens, encumbrances, and expenses of sale and dissolution, in an amount not exceeding Two Hundred and Fifty dollars ($250) for each certificate. Thereafter, any sums remaining shall be paid to the rightful holders of certificates only, in equal shares.
A Provisional member is a member that has been provisionally accepted for future election as a Certificate Holder. After a period of not less than one year or a time deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors, provided that all initiation fee payments have been completed and such member is in good standing, and a certificate is available, the Provisional member may be elected to become a Certificate Holder,. The Provisional member shall be at least 21 years of age and shall have the same golf, racquet sports, and clubhouse privileges as a Certificate Holder and his or her family.
A Sports member is a member that has been provisionally accepted as a full golf member and is at all times on the waiting list to become a Provisional member, or as a Weekday member and is at all times on the waiting list to become a Weekday member. A member who has been offered Provisional membership or Weekday membership, as applicable, but declines shall no longer be eligible to be a Sports member. The Sports member shall be at least 21 years of age.
A Sports member shall have the same Racquet Sports and clubhouse privileges as a Provisional member and his or her family. A Sports member that is on the waiting list for full golf membership shall have the following limited golf privileges: (1) use of the golf practice range and putting green at all times; (2) during the established golf season, upon payment of the applicable guest fee, to play golf twice per calendar month on Tuesdays and Wednesdays after noon and on Thursdays at any time; (3) during the non-golf season, upon payment of the applicable guest fee, to play golf twice per calendar month at any time, including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays; and (4) upon payment of the applicable guest fees, to bring guests to play golf so long as the group includes a Certificate Holder, Provisional, Weekday or Senior member in good standing. A Sports member that is on the waiting list for Weekday membership shall have the following limited golf privileges: (1) use of the golf practice range and putting green on weekdays; (2) upon payment of the applicable guest fee, to play golf twice per calendar month on Tuesdays and Wednesdays after noon and on Thursdays at any time; and (3) upon payment of the applicable guest fees, to bring guests to play golf on a Weekday so long as the group includes a Certificate Holder, Provisional, Weekday or Senior member in good standing.
The limited golf privileges afforded to Sports members do not extend to such member’s spouse or family. The limited golf privileges afforded to Sports members also shall be subject to change from time to time by the Golf Committee following consultation with the Board of Directors.
A Weekday member shall be at least 21 years of age; shall have golf privileges on days other than Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays; and shall have racquet sports privileges at all times. The Weekday member’s family shall have clubhouse privileges at all times; and shall have golf and racquet sports privileges subject to the right of the Board of Directors to impose such charges as it may deem appropriate and to limit and/or prescribe their hours of play.
An Associate Golf member shall be between the ages of 21 and 39 inclusive. The privileges, dues, and other charges shall be the same as for a Provisional member. An Associate Golf member shall be limited to a five-year period or to age 40, whichever comes first. During such five-year or shorter period, the Associate Golf member shall deposit with the Club, ratably on a monthly basis, the amount of the initiation fee for a Provisional member and the cost of a certificate with such deposits to be applied first to the initiation fee. Upon conclusion of the aforesaid period and payments, the Associate Golf member will automatically transfer to Provisional member classification, subject to election to Certificate Holder as provided in Section 1. B. above. If an Associate Golf member resigns for reasons other than relocating more than 100 miles distance from the Club, or in the event the membership is terminated by the Board of Directors, all deposits that the member has made shall be forfeited.
An Associate Golf member may accelerate the aforesaid payments at any time.
An Associate Golf member and family shall have the same golf, racquet sports, and clubhouse privileges as a Provisional member.
A Senior Golf member shall be a Certificate Holder who has both (a) reached the age of 72; and (b) achieved a combination of longevity as a Certificate Holder and the age of the Certificate Holder that equates to 95. A leave of absence that has been granted by the Board of Directors to a Certificate Holder shall not be a basis for a denial of a request by a Certificate Holder who is otherwise qualified for a transfer to Senior Golf membership. However, the total 95, that equates to the addition of age and longevity shall be extended by the total term of any leave of absence that has been granted to the member.
A Certificate Holder who qualifies may request a transfer to Senior Golf membership at any time they are eligible. An eligible member must make a written request for said transfer to the Membership Committee no later than November 15th to be effective as of January 1st of the next fiscal year. Approval of a transfer request shall only be granted in the event there are persons waiting and eligible to enter both of the Certificate Holder and Provisional classifications immediately upon the approval of such transfer request. At the time an application is approved, all financial obligations the Certificate Holder has to the Club as a Certificate Holder must be met.
A Spousal member shall be, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors:
- The surviving spouse of a deceased Certificate Holder or Senior Golf member until the time when he/she remarries at which time the Spousal membership shall automatically cease.
- The former spouse of a Certificate Holder upon the written request of the former spouse until such time as the former spouse remarries. At that time, the spousal membership shall automatically cease.