Garden City Country Club
206 Stewart Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530
Clubhouse: (516) 746-8070
Golf Shop: (516) 747-2929
Welcome to Garden City Country Club!
Garden City Country Club is extremely proud of over 100 years of history! As a private club, use of the facilities is exclusive to our members; however, invited guests are welcomed to enjoy and appreciate the club's amenities. Prior to arriving at the Club, it is recommended that all guests acquaint themselves with the information below:
In order to preserve the congenial, uncomplicated atmosphere of Garden City Country Club, please refrain from using all mobile devices on Club grounds unless you are in the locker rooms, the parking lots or the phone booth in our Cocktail Lounge. On the golf and tennis courts cell phones should be used only in the case of an emergency. Phones active anywhere on club property must be set only in "vibrate" mode.
For its usual house activities, the club stipulates “country club casual” which is defined as follows: Gentlemen are expected to wear trousers or Bermuda shorts cut no higher than three inches above the knee, collared shirts and proper shoes (no sneakers or sandals on the first floor). Shirts may not be worn outside shorts or trousers.
Ladies are expected to wear slacks, walking shorts-again, no more than three inches above the knee-and skirts designed for golf. Sleeveless blouses must have collars.
Children are expected to dress in accordance with these rules.
Clothing not permitted includes: cutoff shorts; tee shirts, short-sleeve mock-neck golf shirts, tank or halter tops; denims jeans of any color (except on Fridays and Sundays); athletic shorts; cargo pants or shorts; sweat pants and collarless sweatshirts (unless a collared shirt is worn underneath): metal spikes.
Tennis attire is not permitted, and golf shoes are never allowed in the main dining room and lounge. Gentlemen will remove their hats in the clubhouse with the exception of the men's locker room and the men's grill.
Jackets and collared shirts are required for all males sixteen and older in the Main Dining Room and “casual” (jackets recommended but not required) remaining in the Main Lobby; ties are optional unless specified for a specific Club function. Specific Club functions involving both Main Dining Room and Lounge require jackets.
The management and professional staff will be glad to answer any questions about the dress code.
Food and Beverages:
Members and guests may not bring food or beverages onto the premises unless specifically authorized by the club manager. Alcoholic beverages cannot be purchased for off-premises consumption, and all food prepared by the club must be consumed on club property (save for unfinished meals, which may be packaged and taken home).
Smoking is prohibited inside the Clubhouse and all outside dining areas during times when food is being served.
Golf Course Rules:
Golf etiquette will be followed at all times, as will USGA rules.
Players will always begin at the first tee, unless granted an exception by the starter.
While on the golf course:
- Divots must be replaced or seeded.
- Bunkers should be entered and exited from their shallowest point and all footprints raked over.
- Golf Bag must not be placed on greens or aprons.
- Ball marks on greens should be repaired.
- Members/guests will comply with the maximum standard for length of play-that is, four hours for eighteen holes.
- Sharing of clubs is not permitted; each golfer must have his own set, including a putter.
- Single players may sometimes be permitted with the express permission of the starter, but they may not hold up groups of golfers, or expect to play through them.
- At times when play is heavy, the Starter has the right to allow only foursomes on the course.
- Golfers stopping for a snack at the Halfway House shall proceed without further delay, or lose their priority on the tenth (10th) tee if the following foursome is prepared to play through.
- Playing more than one ball is prohibited on the course, and practice is permitted only on the putting green and fairway specified for the purpose.
- Players who have holed out will leave the green promptly.
- Proper golf attire must be worn at all times.
- Courts are available for play during all daylight hours. Sign-up play will be scheduled from 9:00am to 6:00pm during the active tennis season.
- Scheduled playing time shall be one (1) hour. During periods of light play, the Tennis Pro may modify length of play or require players to “double-up” in order to accommodate additional play.
- Tournaments, exhibitions and special scheduled events, as authorized by the Tennis Chairman or members of his Committee, may take precedence over regular play.
- A player who has just had a turn on the court may not take a second turn for 2 hours when other players are waiting.
- A pair or group whose turn to play has arrived, may pass or exchange its rights to play to the next group in line without losing priority.
- If during a period of play any substitution or addition of players is made, the concluding time shall remain that of the original players. When your turn to play arrives, the Tennis Pro or his delegate transfers the names of players to the court assignment board.
- A player not on hand and ready to play and permission has not been granted, shall have their name moved to the end of the sign-up list.